If you’re new to cannabis or are planning your own grow setup, you might be wondering whether to invest in seeds or clones. At Neptune Seed Bank, we have some of the best seed strains available and we want to highlight some of the PROs and CONs of using seeds or clones here!
Why Choose Seeds Over Clones?
If you’re wondering what makes seeds so special when compared to clones, some of the benefits are:
- No Pests or Diseases: Unfortunately, clones can often carry pests and diseases due to an infected mother plant. However, growing from seeds ensures a clean grow every time, and creating your own clones from seeds will ensure a healthier, pest-free yield.
- Higher Yield: When growing from seeds, you’ll always receive a higher yield than when growing from clones.
- Faster Growth Rate: Plants grown from seeds have anchor roots to provide a better intake of water and nutrients, as well as enhanced support.
How to Choose Your Seeds?
There are two main types of seeds growers can choose from, autoflowering seeds or feminized seeds. If you’re not familiar with cannabis growing, here are some of the most notable differences between the two:
- Autoflowering Seeds: Although in some cases autoflowering seeds don’t offer flowers as high-quality as feminized plants, they’re often a great choice for first-time growers. One of the foremost benefits of autoflowering seeds when compared to the alternatives is that they don’t require the photoperiod (changes in existing light) to begin flowering; time does the trick.
- Feminized Seeds: These seeds are perfect for indoor or backyard growers that don’t want the hassle of finding and cutting down male plants during the growing process. Often, feminized seeds offer higher-quality cannabis and come in a variety of different strains, for cross-breeding and creating higher-quality cannabis seeds from parent plants.
Neptune Seed Bank carries Purple City Genetics!
Before you go, we wanted to highlight the variety of Purple City Genetics seeds we carry. A few of our favorites include:
Contact us for the best breeders, strains, and more today!
To try out Purple City Genetics seeds or learn more about our breeders, visit us online today at https://neptuneseedbank.com.